Limited road construction and lane closures Thanksgiving weekend | News
Highway travel during the 2012 Thanksgiving holiday is expected to be heavy in Alabama during the three-day holiday weekend and as the college football season continues. The Alabama Department of Transportation urges motorists to drive safely in their travels.
As an added precaution during the heavily traveled holiday, ALDOT announced today there would be no temporary lane closures on Alabama interstates after 12 noon, Wednesday, Nov. 21, through midnight, Sunday, Nov. 25.
For the safety of the traveling public, construction industry workers and maintenance crews, roadwork will be limited during this busy holiday period. Throughout the year, ALDOT limits road construction during major holiday weekends. However, emergency lane closures may be possible dependant on specific circumstances on interstates and other state roadways.
ALDOT's mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, visit www.dot.state.al.us.
Source: Alabama Department of Transportation
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes