ALDOT taking bids to resurface stretch of U.S. Highway 80 | News
The Alabama Department of Transportation has confirmed that bids to plane, resurface and stripe part of U.S. Highway 80 are currently open. The bid process will close on Friday, July 27th.
The 6.3 mile portion of U.S. Highway 80 slated for resurfacing will stretch from SR-8 (US-80) from east of SR-41 (MP 87.876) to west of Soapstone Creek (MP 94.189).
ALDOT spokesman Tony Harris said this means that after a bid review process, which includes the Federal Highway Administration, ALDOT will issue a notice to begin construction. The review process takes approximately 45 to 60 days, so the project would begin sometime in the fall. Harris estimates that work could start between mid-September and early October.
Source: Alabama Department of Transportation
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes