Seeya later Alligator - Large Alligator caught on Alabama River near Selma | News
SELMA, AL (WSFA) - Folks along the Alabama River are saying "Seeya later Alligator" after a group captured and killed an almost 13-foot-long Gator on Saturday, August 20.
The gator was killed early Saturday morning on the Alabama River about 2 miles south of Six Mile Creek. He weighed 720lbs and measured 12.8 feet long.
He was killed by Clint Norris, tag holder, from Sardis Ala., Wesley Smith from Valley Grande Ala., Wesley Siddens from Selma Ala., Crawford Henry from Pleasant Hill, Ala. and Blake Jones from Selma, Ala.
Top Selma Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman killed in Lowndes Co. accident
- Grand Jury date set for Lowndes Co. triple homicide suspect
- Hayneville fire leaves several businesses destroyed
- Alfa Insurance continue to serve Hayneville customers following office fire.
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Lowndes County schools