Seeya later Alligator - Large Alligator caught on Alabama River near Selma | News
SELMA, AL (WSFA) - Folks along the Alabama River are saying "Seeya later Alligator" after a group captured and killed an almost 13-foot-long Gator on Saturday, August 20.
The gator was killed early Saturday morning on the Alabama River about 2 miles south of Six Mile Creek. He weighed 720lbs and measured 12.8 feet long.
He was killed by Clint Norris, tag holder, from Sardis Ala., Wesley Smith from Valley Grande Ala., Wesley Siddens from Selma Ala., Crawford Henry from Pleasant Hill, Ala. and Blake Jones from Selma, Ala.
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes