Selma Anti-Bullying Forum | Events
Bullying: What is it?
How do we Prevent it?
What: An Alabama Issue Forum
Location: Selma High School, Selma, Al
Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Time: 10:30 a.m. — 1:00 p.m. p.m.
Reducing bullying incidents will require us working to-gether as a community. The consequences of not solving the problem are enormous. While Alabama continues to make progress related to combating bullying, the statis-tics and stories of bullied stu-dents are alarming. Nation-wide, 28% of students in grades 6-12 experienced bul-lying during the 2008-2009 school year according to the 2008-2009 School Crime Sup-plement, and the National As-sociation of School Psycholo-gists reports that 160,000 young people miss school every day due to fears of be-ing bullied. The educational and public safety effects of ignoring this issue are grave.
Adults and youth 12 years and older are
invited to participate.
Reserve your seat at the table by contacting Callie Nelson at 334-875-3200 before November 30, 2012.
Information Source: Alabama Issues Forums
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes