Mal Moore speaks to Selma Quarterback Club | Events
University of Alabama Athletic Director Mal Moore recently came to Selma to speak at the Selma Quarterback Club.
Moore said, " I enjoy coming to Selma, been coming here speaking and recruiting players for years. Y'all have a great club that does lots of good work for young men and raises funds for them to have scholarships to go to college."
Moore told lots of stories about the University and how they have made lots of improvement on and off the field. Moore has raised $2 Million for UA during his time at the Capstone.
"Nick Saban was a good hire for us, but a hard one to get to commit," Moore said. "I had to make lots of trips to talk to his representatives and phone calls to get him and sell him on how he could win at Alabama."
Moore also said Saban said to him in the interview that he needed good players to play for him and good coaches or he could not win. The two began recruiting together shortly after he signed the contract.
The Selma Quarterback Club also awarded three scholarships Monday to three young men in the Selma and Dallas County area.
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes