Nine Citizens to Receive the Golden Bridge Builder Awards | Events
Mayor George Evans announced today that nine Selma and Dallas County citizens have been chosen to receive the first annual Golden Bridge Builder Awards. The awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. at the George Patrick Evans Reception Center, 2 Lawrence Street, Selma, Alabama.
The Golden Bridge Builder Awards will honor, promote and show appreciation to citizens who have unselfishly rendered extraordinary service to the Selma and Dallas County community, to the state and the nation. “These individuals have shared their wisdom, passion, talents and professional skills to uplift our community. They have performed Golden Deeds, persevered despite obstacles and served as positive role models for our children,” Mayor Evans said.
The nine individuals being honored in the first year of the awards and the category in which they are being recognized are: Mrs. Mallieve Breeding for Arts & Entertainment; Mr. Mike Reynolds for Business; Rev. Joe Peterson, Sr. for Religion; Mrs. Wanda J. McCall for Education; Dr. Alston Fitts for his Humanitarian efforts; Mr. Alvin Benn for Media/Print; Mrs. Arlena King for Community Service; Dr. Glenton Davis for Health Care; and, Mr. Lorenzo Harrison, Sr. for Government.
The awards ceremony is free and open to the public.
Information Source: City of Selma
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes