Severe weather tax-free preparedness holiday this weekend | Events
On Friday July 6 at 12:00 am the free sales tax weekend will begin. The state of Alabama will celebrate a sales tax holiday. The sales tax holiday is a part of the severe weather tax free weekend designed to help citizens to get prepared for severe weather.
Citizens are encouraged to go out and buy things to put in their preparedness kit. Items such as water, batteries, can goods, flash lights, weather radios ect. See list provided with this story to see what you can buy during the tax free weekend.
All stores in Selma will participate with the sales tax weekend. Some one stop shops for all things on your list could be Walgreens, Dollar General, Wal-Mart.
Walgreens in Selma has stocked up with weather radios and lots of things you can use in your severe weather kit. All citizens should be informed and ready for the storms that could affect us during hurricane season which began in June.
For information on the tax free holiday call 334-242-1490 or 1-866-576-6531.
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes