Selma Police Officer arrested for driving under the influence | Crime
SELMA, AL (WSFA) - A Selma Police Officer is now on paid administrative leave pending the completion of an internal investigation after he was caught driving under the influence of alcohol while he was off-duty.
According to the Selma Police Department, authorities were dispatched to a two-vehicle traffic accident at the intersection of Citizen Parkway and Woodrow Ave just after midnight on Saturday, January 19.
No injuries were reported as a result of the accident, however, one of the drivers, an off-duty probationary Selma Police Officer was determined to have been driving his personal vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Authorities identified 31-year-old Christopher Michael Jacobs as the off-duty officer involved in the incident.
Jacob was arrested at the scene of the accident for driving under the influence of alcohol and placed in the Dallas County Jail on $1,000 bond which has since been posted.
Selma Police say Jacobs has worked for the department for less than a year and is still on probation within the department.
Jacobs was placed on paid administrative leave after his arrest pending the outcome of an internal investigation.
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes