Christmas Day shooting suspect charged with capital murder | Crime
ORRVILLE, AL (WSFA) - An Orrville man is being held at the Dallas County Jail with no bond on a capital murder charge stemming from a Christmas Day incident.
According to Dallas County District Attorney Michael Jackson, 29-year-old Andrae Stallworth has been charged with capital murder for shooting his girlfriend's brother, 33-year-old Maurice Rayford, on Christmas Day.
Jackson said the incident happened after a disagreement at a club, Eddie's Bar and Grill, on Dallas County Road 115 in the early hours of Christmas morning. When authorities arrived on the scene they found Rayford shot to death in the parking lot of the business.
Stallworth is being held in the Dallas County Jail with no bond. Jackson says a preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Stallworth for the first part of 2012.
Top Selma Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery firefighter arrested after high speed chase tops 140 mph
- Manhunt initiated for 4 in Lowndes Co.
- Urology Health Foundation to offer free prostate cancer screenings in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County's unemployment rate for March
- Former Lowndes County teacher convicted of having sexual contact with student