Robbery turns deadly - Investigators searching for suspects | Crime
DALLAS COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - The Dallas County Sheriff's Office is working the scene of a fatal shooting they believe started as a robbery in Sardis.
According to the Dallas County Sheriffs Office, it all started in the Sunshine Village Community in Sardis.
Investigators responded to a call of shots fired. When they arrived on the scene they found a 22-year-old male shot in the chest and shoulder. He died on the scene.
Authorities believe the victim was attempting to rob someone when he was shot. An abandoned car was found near the scene. Police believe four people, including the victim were in the car preparing to commit a robbery shortly before the shooting.
At this time the shooter is in custody and is claiming self defense. Deputies are searching for others they believe were involved with the attempted robbery.
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes