Selma Quarterback Club awards 3 scholarships | Community Spirit
The Selma Quarterback Club recently awarded three scholarships to Dallas County young men in Selma. The scholarships can be used to any college or trade school that the recipients wish to attend as long as they continue their education after high school.
The requirements to receive the award are easy to meet. You must apply, and then write a paragraph on why you should get the , complete an interview with the scholarship committee of the club, have a 3.0 grade point average, and be on a Dallas County High School football team.
This year's winners are all from Morgan Academy in Selma. They are as follows:
Caleb Autry, Grey Cathran, Matt McKinney
Three individuals started the scholarships for the Selma Quarterback Club, Larry Striplin , Harmon Carter and Forest Hatfield. All scholarships are given in their name.
According to Gus Colvin, "We encourage all Selma and Dallas County young men who are on a football team to apply for these awards and to join the club."
Each young man will receive a $4,000 scholarship for 4 years at $1,000 a year while at a college or trade school.
For more information on the club visit www.selmaquarterbackclub.org
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes