Edgewood Elementary students treated to day at Bowman Farms | Community Spirit
Yulanda Mason's Kindergarten class at Edgewood Elementary School in Selma stopped by our farm for muscadine's this week. The kids were treated to an educational opportunity on how growing different kinds of fruit is an agricultural business, the history of our farm, and how we set up the crops and why.
The kids were given the opportunity to pick muscadines and learn about the history of the muscadine grape and how to raise them.
Some of the kids took a ride on a four-wheel-mule and they had a great time doing so.
We were blessed with 58 kids from Edgewood Elementary and all left smiling and happy with their muscadines.
Thanks Ms. Yulanda Mason and your class and fellow teachers for coming to see us this week. Y'all come back next year.
Field trips are still welcome this fall. To schedule one call me at 334-875-1244.
Upcoming Events near Selma
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes